birding-aus

Plainswandering

Subject: Plainswandering
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 02:13:48 +1000
Hello all

You probably thought that I'd forgotten or abandoned the
Plainswanderer weekend for birding-aus readers .... NO!!!

Sorry - I've had a few other things to do - but now I'm about to
finalise the dates.

I already have a list of people wanting to go.  It will almost
certainly be the weekend of 20-21 September (from Sat noon to Sun mid
afternoon).  There is a slight chance we may have to move to the
following weekend (27/28).  Cost is $180 per person, twin share ($25
single supp) and includes accommodation, meals & transport during that
period, though you have to get yourself to Deniliquin, NSW.

The weekend is of course led by Phil & Patricia Maher, who should need
no introduction to birding-aus readers.  They have very kindly offered
to run a trip for us - their scheduled trips are almost, if not
completely, booked for this year.  What would you be likely to see?

Plainswanderer, Superb Parrot, Striped Honeyeater, Stubble Quail,
Black Falcon, Gilbert's Whistler, Diamond Firetail, Bush
Stone-Curlew, Banded Lapwing, Brown Songlark, Singing Bushlark,
White-winged Fairy-wren, Blue Bonnet.
Australian Bittern and Painted Honeyeater are less likely than in
December, but possible.

At this stage we have 3 or 4 places, so get in touch with me a.s.a.p.
Email:
Phone:  03 52758089
Mobile: 0419 395100

We need to finalise it all by early next week, so please give me a
call if you would like to be added to the group.

Cheers

Russell Woodford