birding-aus

Re: New Species

Subject: Re: New Species
From: John Penhallurick <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:26:34 +1000
No sooner did I post the message asking for info on some new species than
birdlife international came through.  I am forwarding their post to me, and
I note with pleasure that they will include citations for all future new
species.  So a couple more to add your world lists!

John Penhallurick

>Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:08:39 GMT
>To: John Penhallurick <> (by way of BirdLife
International <>)
>From: Kathleen Rosewarne <>
>Subject: Re: New Species
>
>Dear John
>
>Thanks for your email of 9 July, and for your kind comments about World
>Birdwatch.
>
>The information you requested is
>1).The Long-tailed Pipit from South Africa was published in Bulletin of the
>British Ornithologist's Club 1996 116(4) 211-215 by Richard Liversidge
>
>2) Cream-bellied Munia's latin name is Lonchura pallidiventer sp.nov - and
>again this was in Bull. BOC 1996 116 (3) 137
>
>I take your point about including the source of the in-brief items, and from
>the September issue intend to do so.
>
>I hope you continue to enjoy the magazine
>Best wishes
>Kathleen Rosewarne, Editor
>
>BirdLife International
>email >
>**************************************
>Kathleen Rosewarne
>Communications Manager, BirdLife International
>Wellbrook Court
>Girton Road
>Cambridge  CB3 0NA
>UK
>Tel.  +44 (0)1223 277318
>Fax  +44 (0)1223 277200
>email

Associate Professor John M. Penhallurick<>
Canberra, Australia
Phone BH( 61 6) 201 2346   AH (61 6 2585428)
FAX (61 6) 258 0426
Snail Mail  Faculty of Communication
                University of Canberra, PO Box 1, BELCONNEN, A.C.T.2616,
AUSTRALIA
OR            PO Box 3469, BMDC, BELCONNEN, ACT 2617, AUSTRALIA

                "I'd rather be birding!"