birding-aus

Cairns and the Mudflats

Subject: Cairns and the Mudflats
From: Kieran Daly <>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 16:57:02 +0900
I read with great interest the mail concerning the wetland along the
front of Cairns. I like in Japan and visited this area in April for a
birding trip and enjoyed the beach area immensly because of the birds
but also because the quiet. No beach bums, oil, bikinis in stead a
wonderful quiet place where you can admire the sea and the shoreline.

potential tourists the birds and the quiet. Japanese people do like
peace and quiet like most of us and a great many of them like birds. Let
the beach bums and surfies go elsewhere and anyway that sales pitch has
already become passe. Encourage more eco tourism and stress the lack of
noise, crowds, cars and polution.

Kieran Daly