birding-aus

[Fwd: [BIRDCHAT] ABA and Paul Lehman]

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: [Fwd: [BIRDCHAT] ABA and Paul Lehman]
From: Glen Ingram <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:59:28 +1000
Dear Birdingaussers,
Some of us are already following the fascinating debate over the dumbing
of "Birding" and the ABA in the US, but I forward this for those who do
not know. The debate has apparently taken over most of the bird lists
over there. It is difficult to understand what is going on. They have an
embarrassment of richness in the United States: the ABA has over 20,000
members. Apparently, birding is getting bigger and bigger every day and
they are going for the dude-end of the market and pushing the serious
birder to one side.

Churrss

Glen Ingram
Brisbane, Australia

P.S. If you haven't received a reply from me, I lost much mail when the
my last server died.

"Eagles may soar but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines."
Anonymous.