birding-aus

Balls

To: UNKNOWN <>
Subject: Balls
From: Chris Padley <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:07:01 -0400
G'day Aus Birders,
                      Jeremy Day posted the following -< I recently saw a
couple of Australian Ravens chasing a golf ball which was bouncing across a
road - this seemed quite peculiar to me, until I saw one of the ravens pick
up the ball in its beak and fly off a little further with it, until the
ball dropped out of the bird's beak
and bounced around a bit further, with the pattern repeated...>

Maybe they were practising bowling in the hope that they might be selected
for the second Test !

        Less seriously though, we have had some pretty good birds on golf
courses here in the U.K. Small airports tend to produce the occasional
rarity - particularly on islands.

                                                        Cheers,
                                                        Chris Padley
                                                               1-0 !