birding-aus

Re: Rock Warblers

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Rock Warblers
From: "Keith Martin" <>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:16:01 +0200
Goeiedag.....

> Last Sunday we went to Bents Basin and saw a few nice birds including
> pair of Rock Warblers. As a matter of fact, I cannot recall a visit
to the
> rocks where the river enters Bents Basin and not seeing Rock Warblers
in
> the area. Is this a DEAD CERT spot for these birds or have others
even more
> reliable sites?

Well, I don't know how reliable, but for sheer convenience (if you'll
excuse the pun) I had to abandon my attempts to photograph Rock
Warblers at the main car park overlooking the Three Sisters (are there
just three? I can't remember.. in Scotland we have a Five Sisters and a
Seven Sisters, so I get a bit confused!) in the Blue Mountains because
they hopped into the womens' toilets... I was more than a little
concerned that I would probably be arrested on some interesting charge
if I had pursued them, even though the photograph would undoubtedly
have had an amount of novelty value... :))

Keith M. Martin                          Tel  +32 16 32 18 62
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven     Fax +32 16 32 19 86
Dept. Elektrotechniek-ESAT
Kardinaal Mercierlaan 94
B-3001 Heverlee
Belgium