birding-aus

Willie Wagtail Migration

Subject: Willie Wagtail Migration
From: Nicolette Thompson <>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 09:14:30 -0700
Hello Fellow Birders,
                        Is there anything in the literature regarding migration
of
Willie Wagtails? or has anyone documented their migration? Is it seasonal,
attitudinal
or in search of a food source?  How far do they travel?  I live in suburban
Toowoomba.
During the summer months there are no Willie Wagtails in our area.  In the
first week of
April at least one bird, but more often two, arrive and stay in the area until
early
August, but sometimes as late as September.  Their departure is not as regular
as their
arrival.  I have become very interested in this and would like to follow it up.

                                Thanks,   Nicci Thompson