birding-aus

Leeches at the Manly Pacific

Subject: Leeches at the Manly Pacific
From: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Date: 24 Apr 97 11:10:47 +1000
Well I have to say that I was most impressed with all the helpful replies
to the leech sock problem.  I had no idea leeches were so popular!

Having weighed up all the information I booked a romantic night out
with Michele for my anniversary and turned up at the restaurant wearing
white extra thick close knit socks over my sensitive parts, bagon
aftershave and ordered a nice bottle of flageldoryx chloroquinine. The
evening was a complete success I did not get bitten once.  I think it was
the draw string tied around the leg that really did the trick although
Michele found the stockings/pantyhose under the socks a bit too kinky,
but no leeches so there we have it, problem solved, we will be going to
the Manly Pacific next year too.  (ask for an ocean view)

Getting back to reality the best options that came out of this in my
opinion is to make your own socks or purchase a pair of gortex socks
from mountain design or a similar outdoor outlet.

Thanks for all the responses now lets get back to birding.

Regards
Tony Palliser  (.....Sydney, Australia)
Phone.....+61 2 9900 1678 or Home +61 2 9427 7563
Fax.......+61 2 9900 1669