birding-aus

Cyclone Justin

Subject: Cyclone Justin
From: "Jo Wieneke" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 97 11:45:42 UT
I remember someone asked ages ago if Justin had brought in any interesting
sightings. The born-again Cyclone Justin brought large numbers of
Frigatebirds to the coast. I've heard reports of over 100 at Cairns and a
smaller flock of Greater Frigatebirds at Townsville. Little Terns (unusual at
this time of year), Lesser Crested Terns and a Common Noddy were seen off the
end of the breakwater wall here soon after Justin.
There have also been very high flying swifts, barely visible even with
binoculars.

Jo Wieneke
Townsville.