birding-aus

Nestbox info

Subject: Nestbox info
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:13:02 +1100 (EST)
Hi, everybody.  Remember the nestbox thread of a few months ago?

The text of our Information Sheet No.5 about nestboxes is now on the Virtual
Emu.  It includes a plan of an experimental anti-myna nestbox based on Tim
Gunn's design.  It also includes a link to a table of recommended dimensions
for constructing nestboxes for Australian fauna that I gleaned from whatever
literature I came across.

I would be very grateful for any feedback on the information presented, and
especially for more hard info on dimensions, materials, placement,
management etc, including original published or unpublished sources.

Thanks,  Hugo.

Hugo Phillipps,
Birds Australia Conservation & Liaison,
Australian Bird Research Centre,
415 Riversdale Road,
Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, Australia.
Tel: +61 3 9882 2622. Fax: +61 3 9882 2677.
Email: <>
The Virtual Emu: http://www.vicnet.net.au/~raou/raou.html