birding-aus

Ethics and Conservation

To: <>
Subject: Ethics and Conservation
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 12:25:00 +60000
Whilst I certainly agree that threats and actual adverse impact to birds are
more likely to come from habitat destruction, feral cats and other nasties.,
this does not necessarily "excuse" spotlighting, pishing, tapes etc.  They are
merely LESS of a threat, depending on the circumstances.  Consequently we
still need to be aware of the possible adverse effects of spotlighting,
pishing, tapes etc. and adhere to some ethics.  Guidelines of when NOT to use
these would be most helpful.

Happy Birding
Irene Denton
Sydney   NSW