birding-aus

Re: spot light

Subject: Re: spot light
From: Julian Bielewicz <>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 16:59:16 +1000
At 13:32 20/02/97 +1100, John Leonard wrote:

>When I was in north Queensland I conferred at Kingfisher Park and was
>directed to North Queensland Auto Electric in Mareeba, where I bought a
>Hella 100W light (made in Australia), but the people in the shop swapped the
>standard light bulb unit for a 30W one, so I didn't have to buy both. The
>light comes with a plug to fit in a car's lighter socket (useful for
>car-park spotting I imagine), and I also bought an adapter to plug this in
>and to connect to the battery with 'spade lugs'.

Fay and I were directed to these people during our visit to Kingfisher Park
back around Christmas 1993/New Year 1994.  Like John we have enjoyed the
spotlight and would reccommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced
but effective (powerful beam, lightweight) spotlighting system.

We used it this weekend during the QOSI campout to Spicer's Gap.

Julian
Julian Bielewicz
President
Queensland Ornithological Society Inc.