birding-aus

Re: birds as pests of fruit crops

To: Andrew Fisher <>
Subject: Re: birds as pests of fruit crops
From: Ian Temby <>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:58:59 -0812 (EST)
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:59:49 GMT+1000 Andrew Fisher
<> wrote:
>Greetings birders,
>I am after any recent material on techniques for minimising bird
>damage to fruit crops.
>In 1991-1992 I did some work in vineyards and cherry orchards in
>South Australia, and am haunted from time to time for advice on
>preventing bird damage to fruit crops. However I have since moved on
>to study birds in remnant vegetation and have thus lost touch with
>the recent literature and latest techniques.
>Of particular concern at present is the problem of starlings in orchards &
>vineyards in the Orange district of NSW, and to a lesser extent
>rosellas and honeyeaters.
>If anyone has any relevant information could you please let me know
>either directly at the address below or via this list if you think it
>is appropriate.
>Thanking you in advance.
>
>Regards,
>
>Andrew M. Fisher

>Environmental Studies Unit
>Charles Sturt University - Mitchell
>Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW 2795 AUSTRALIA
>E-mail:
>Phone: +61 063 38 4151
>Fax:   +61 063 38 4078

Dear Andrew

Addendum to Stephen Ambrose's message, Peter Mawson's email address is:

Cheers

Ian

Ian Temby
Flora & Fauna Branch
Department of Natural Resources & Environment
4/250 Victoria Parade
EAST MELBOURNE   VIC  3002
AUSTRALIA

Phone   613 9412 4429