birding-aus

Pigeon Breeding!!!!

Subject: Pigeon Breeding!!!!
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:32:07 +1100 (EST)
This is a call for help from one of my students who is involved in a
Research project for his final year agriculture Course. For reasons
unfathomable to me, he has chosen "The relative effects of environment and
genetics on the performance of racing pigeons". He wants to know if any
research has been already completed and , if so, where he could locate it
etc. Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Just to make this letter legitimate, I will report that the Gang-Gangs have
been seen again at Beecroft (Sydney). Also a query from me. About a week ago
I heard
an owl making a noise almost like a possum?? Unfortunately, my torch battery
was less than useless and by the time I rigged up my spotlight, he had moved
on. (Only as far as my neighbours clothesline as it happens - she watched
him for some time. He seemed to be rather bigger than Boobook size. Am
waiting with spotlight for his next visit. Any ideas?
Toni Stansfield
Librarian
The King's School
PO BOX 1, PARRAMATTA, 2124