birding-aus

Clamorous Reed Warbler

Subject: Clamorous Reed Warbler
From: "Chris Gladwin" <>
Date: 04 Feb 1997 07:29:07 EST

     As my mail is slow, I expect that Milburn's message has long since been
     answered but here's my two cents worth.

     Both Milburn and Alan are confused.

     Clamorous does NOT occur in Australia following recent taxonomic work.

     It is "Australian Reed Warbler" in Australia and the one that occurs as a
     summer vagrant in the top end is the eastern race of "Great Reed Warbler" -
     more usually known as "Oriental Reed Warbler".

     However there is one (accepted) NSW record of Oriental Reed Warbler.  Tony
     Palliser and I saw it at Port Macquarie a few years back.

     (Sorry for lack of scientific names and dates but I am at work and only
     have work stuff around me!)

     Chris Gladwin
     Sydney, Australia