birding-aus

Re: Black Ducks in the Surf

Subject: Re: Black Ducks in the Surf
From: Linda Payzant <>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 13:34:56 -0400
Russell Woodford wrote:

> OK  - this is a good chance to do some listing on the list.
>
> What ducks (and geese and swans) have our readers seen in the surf?

Hi:
I live in Nova Scotia on Canada's east coast and have seen the
following waterfowl in our waters (N.W. Atlantic Ocean):

American Black Duck
Oldsquaw (Long-tailed Duck)
Harlequin Duck
Common Eider
King Eider
Black Scoter
White-winged Scoter
Surf Scoter
Lesser Scaup
Greater Scaup
Mallard
American Wigeon
Eurasian Wigeon
Ring-necked Duck
Tufted Duck
Ruddy Duck
Common Goldeneye
Barrows Goldeneye
Bufflehead
Common Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Hooded Merganser
Canada Goose
Snow Goose
White-fronted Goose
Brant

That's all I can think of at the moment.
-Linda
--

** Linda Payzant <>
** Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, N.S. Canada, B2Y 4A2