birding-aus

Chatham Island Albatross Photographs

Subject: Chatham Island Albatross Photographs
From: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Date: 15 Jan 97 12:13:36 +1100
Do you know of anyone that might be able to assist Caz / Jim locate
Chatham Island Albatross Diomedea cauta eremita photographs?
see attached note below. Regrettably I have not seen this bird yet,
however I do know of one or two famous birders that have managed
to see this dramatic species off of Tasmania.

Regards
Tony Palliser  (.....Sydney, Australia)
Phone.....+61 2 9900 1678 or Home +61 2 9427 7563
Fax.......+61 2 9900 1669
http://www.zip.com.au/~palliser

My husband Jim Enticott just back from a 2 month trip on a longline
fishing vessel has discovered that the photoeditor of their
forthcoming book has failed to get hold (or even ask for I think)
photos of Chatham Island Albatross!  Imagine the egg on the faces!!
Please, please do you have any shots of D.c. eremita (hopefully soon
to be split to full species I gather) that could be urgently sent to
the publishers in London UK?

He and I have a week to find these omissions (mostly visually
distinct subspecies).  Am I right in thinking that Phil (Hansbro) is
still on the high seas ticking off lifers by the dozen?
Look forward to hearing from you, even if it is to say sorry can't
help.
Jim has yet to get to Oz and NZ but we are hopeful that it might be
at the end of this year finally.
cheers
Caz
Ms Caz Thomas
Manager
International Academic Programmes Office
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7700
South Africa
tel/fax +27 21 686 5444