birding-aus

Re: Birding at Bunbury, WA

Subject: Re: Birding at Bunbury, WA
From: (Kim Lim)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 08:13:29 +1100
On 28/11/96 Gerry Hopkins wrote:

>We have a friend going to holiday at Bunbury, WA. She's not a twitcher
>and prefers bush birds, but is hoping to bird watch while there. Any
>help with easy, accessable places there, or wothing 1 hours drive would
>be appreciated.

Ludlow State Forest, south of Bunbury, on the Bussellton Highway is worth a
visit. The road passes thru this forest which is dominated by magnificent
Tuart trees. Also on the same route, before reaching Ludlow S F is the RGC
Wetlands Centre near Capel. An area of rehabilitated mining land, the
Centre is not open to the public yet but you could try to get permission to
wander around by calling the Centre at (097) 80 3666.

Good birding!

Kim

Kim-Chye Lim (Mr)
1/117 Hubert Street