birding-aus

Re: New Jersey Silver Gull

Subject: Re: New Jersey Silver Gull
From: Julian Bielewicz <>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 18:42:55 +1000
At 17:22 13/11/96 +1100, Trevor wrote:

> In Bleak city (Melbourne) it is cold and rainy mostly.

TRUE!!

>In Sydney it is perfect mostly.

CODSWALLOP!!  Unadulterated garbage from out of the mouths of COCKROACHES!!
Bloody typical Sydney bull!

Incidently, Trevor  (and anyone else out there), Eric & Esther Dempsey,
together with Michael O'Cleary (Dubliners all) will be leaving for the BIG
SMOKE tomorrow morning (Tuesday 19).  Been staying with me since last
Wednesday.  Great people; awful timekeepers... but that's birders for you.
I have no hesitation in recommending them as top class folks.

I've managed to look after them during their stay in hot and humid
Brisbane(and Jeez, it was BLOODY HOT AND HUMID on Saturday; only marginally
better on Sunday).  I believe they've made some tentative e-mail contacts
with a few people in and around Sydney.  Could I suggest (they're out around
Cunningham's Gap at the moment and are unaware of this message) that some
one help them out with a few suggested birding trips around the Big Smoke.
Perhaps someone can take them out(?).  They are good and honest folk.
Perfer drink to bombs and their blarney is of the most pleasant nature.

I'll download my mail around 0600 hours tomorrow morning.  Would appreciate
any offers of help.  They'll cope quite well alone but it would be nice to
have local knowledge at hand.

Thanks in advance.

Julian

PS  I've no doubts that Sydney is perfect one day, immaculate the next.

Julian Bielewicz
12 Florence Street
Kippa Ring, Q. 4021
Australia