birding-aus

'Birdo' number plate

Subject: 'Birdo' number plate
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 18:46:24 -0800
I recall a couple of years ago a thread on BirdChat about number plates
(motor vehicle registration plates) that people see and tick, having
birding-type names.  I don't think it is so common in Australia as in
the US.  Anyway, today (Sunday 17 Nov) while doing the Hooded Plover
survey on the NSW south coast, near Kioloa I was passed by a white
Landcruiser station wagon with the number plate BIRDO (which is
Australian slang for 'birder' or 'bird watcher').  Don't panic, the
vehicle was on the road, not on the beach!

Is the owner reading this?  Does anyone know who he/she is?

David
--
David McDonald          Voice:       +61-6-231 8904 (home)
PO Box 1355             Voice:       +61-6-260 9231 (work)