birding-aus

Green Warbler

Subject: Green Warbler
From: Gil Langfield <>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 17:35:04 +1000
While living in Iran in 1976, I saw a Green Warbler, Phylloscopus nitidus,
as described in "The Birds of Britain and Europe", Heinzel, Fitter and
Parslow, 1972, reprinted in 1976.

I am now trying to reconcile my birding data base, Birbase for Windows,
which does not like the species.  I know this is an Australian group, but
can anyone out there with Middle Eastern (or Oriental) knowledge tell me
what my Green Warbler is called today?

Regards,

Gil Langfield