birding-aus

Superb Parrots

Subject: Superb Parrots
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:42:00 +1000
Tom Karplus, Stuart Fairbairn and 1 saw c 40 Superb Parrots feeding in
exotic trees in the centre of Yass at around 8 am on 18/10/96.  We
watched them for about 30 minutes.  Other flocks were flying over.  We
saw further birds flying over the Yass to Temora road.  We were on our
way to Leeton for the Murrumbidgee Conference of Bird Observers.  This
event was a great success with several field trips.  In the red gum forests
by the Murrumbidgee we saw several Superb Parrots.  At Tuckerbill swamp
we saw c 6 Australian Bittern.

Work seems rather a drag today.

Elisabeth Karplus (Hodson)