birding-aus

Lake George Reed Beds

Subject: Lake George Reed Beds
From: Paul Fennell <>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:37:49 +1000 (EST)
Hello everyone
To my knowledge the Lake George reed beds mentioned by Trevor are only
relatively recent.  I think they would come and go along with the changes in
water level.

I can recall seeing them only in the last few years.

The NSW Main Roads people did an extensive environmental survey re the
upgrade of the highway past Lake George, and consulted widely with
environmental groups, I believe.  Canberra Ornithologists Group had some
input into the decision-making process, and we understand that the route
chosen and the procedures put in place to protect Lake George from runoff
from the road will ensure a good environmental result.  This is what we are
led to believe.

Paul Fennell
Telephone 06 205 9401 (w)  06 254 1804 (h)  Fax 06 205 9226
Keep on saving the planet!!
---