birding-aus

Painted Snipe, Oriental Plover, White-throated Nightjar

Subject: Painted Snipe, Oriental Plover, White-throated Nightjar
From: Richard Jordan <>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 14:04:02 +1000 (EST)
A couple of unusual records from a recent trip could be of interest:

Tues 8 October 1996 - 2 x Painted Snipe at a small lake by the Tibooburra -
Noccundra road 57km north of the Queensland border.

Tues 8 October 1996 - 8 x Oriental Plover in Sturt National Park close to
the Warri Gate into Queensland.

Also:
Mon 14 October 1996 - 1 x White-throated Nightjar along my entrance drive on
Jamberoo Mountain Pass (near Barren Grounds Nature Reserve). The bird was
picked up by hand whilst illuminated by my car headlamps.

Richard

Richard Jordan and Christine Wilder
PO Box 4
Jamberoo, NSW 2533, Australia