birding-aus

Pelagic trip out of SE Tasmania - call for expressions of interest

Subject: Pelagic trip out of SE Tasmania - call for expressions of interest
From: (Eric J Woehler)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:15:29 +1000
This is a general call for interest for a seabird trip out of south east
Tasmania. I am willing to co-ordinate a trip if sufficient interest exists
out there in the ether..
There have been a couple of well-received trips out of Eaglehawk Neck
recently, and the cost per person was about $60-70, depending on numbers..

If you are interested in such a trip, please contact me directly by email
 and let me know when you would be able to
participate. I would imagine a trip sometime between 10 Nov and 20 Dec, as
a starting point/guide, if that helps people to organise..

Let me know - if I can drum up sufficient interest, we may be able to do
this on a reasonably regular basis.

Eric

The trip report from April 1996 follows:
April 1996, Eaglehawk Neck, Tas
        The following species were recorded on a trip out of Eaglehawk Neck on
21
April: Little Penguin 1, Wandering Albatross 2, Royal Albatross 1 (southern
race), Black-browed Albatross 10, Yellow-nosed Albatross 4, Buller's
Albatross 3-4, Shy Albatross 15, giant petrel sp 3, White-chinned Petrel 1,
Common Diving Petrel 4, Fairy Prion 1, White-headed Petrel 5, Short-tailed
Shearwater 10+, Sooty Shearwater 1, Australasian Gannet 10, Silver Gull 7,
Pacific Gull 3, Crested Tern 6, White fronted Tern 4.