birding-aus

Black-breasted Button-Quail in Canberra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: Black-breasted Button-Quail in Canberra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 17:23:11 EST10

****************MEGA ALERT!!****************

There is an amazing record of A black-breasted Button-Quail in Canberra!!!!!!
Terry Gourley saw the bird and he described it as a quail which was speckled
black. He is a reliable observer and has much experience with Stubble, Brown
and Painted and saw the bird down to 5 or 6 feet!! He said the bird was shaking
and was exhausted and he could have picked it up - sounds good to me!! He saw
it on Sunday after the amazing storms we had here on Saturday. He saw it in the
South East corner of the Pine Forest at the back of Mount Majura - where I know
he goes most weekends. This is all the information that I have, but I will try
and give Terry a call tonight and may be try and twitch it tomorrow!!
Cheers
Phil Hansbro