birding-aus

Re: Tawny Frogmouth (was Superb Parrots)

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: Tawny Frogmouth (was Superb Parrots)
From: "Osborn, Paul PR" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:22:00 +1000
The tree is a Spotted Gum, Eucalyptus maculata. This particular group of
Tawny Frogmouths (I work not far from Peter) seem not to know that they
are supposed to roost in rough barked trees, and can often be seen
around the area in fairly conspicuous poses in smooth barked gums,
Camphor Laurels and even bright yellow railings on walkways.

Paul Osborn