birding-aus

Yellow faced honey-eater and Eastern spinebills

Subject: Yellow faced honey-eater and Eastern spinebills
From: Rick Kuhn <>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 14:30:46 +1100
Today I observed a couple of Eastern Spinebills chasing away a Yellowfaced
honeyeater from a grevillea the Spinebills often visit for nectar in my
backyard (in Aranda, Canberra). Is this a common behaviour? I have read of
other honeyeaters chasing away competitors, but not Spinebills.

Thanks

Rick
Department of Political Science                     phone +61 6 249-3851
Australian National University                      fax   +61 6 249-5054
Canberra ACT 0200                             email
Australia                              http://www.anu.edu.au/polsci/rick