birding-aus

May off Wollongong

Subject: May off Wollongong
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 10:46:02 EST10
Sorry I can't remember if I have posted this message before.
There are still a few places left for the 26th of May and after the last trip I
am surprised.

BIRDS SEEN IN MAY OFF WOLLONGONG (Up to but not including 1996)
Compilations of sightings from previous 11 May trips.
VIRTUAL DEFINATES
Black-browed Albatross (100%)
Yellow-nosed Albatross (91%)
Solander's Petrel (100%)
Fluttering Shearwater (91%)
Australasian Gannet (100%)
Australasian Pelican (100%)
Silver Gull (100%)
Kelp Gull (100%)
Crested Tern (100%)
PROBABLES
Wandering Albatross (82%)
Great-winged Petrel (55%)
Short-tailed Shearwater (55%)
Hutton's Shearwater (46%)
Wilson's Storm-Petrel (55%)
White-fronted Tern (73%)
Southern Skua (73%)
POSSIBLES
Little Penguin (18%)
Shy Albatross (45%)
Southern Giant Petrel (45%)
Northern Giant Petrel (27%)
Cape Petrel (18%)
White-headed Petrel (30%)
Fairy Prion (45%)
Sooty Shearwater (36%)
White-faced Storm-Petrel (9%)
Arctic Skua (18%)
Pomarine Skua (30%)
Arctic Tern (9%)
Common Tern (9%)
RARITIES
Grey-headed Albatross (2)
Sooty Albatross (1)
Antarctic Prion (2)
Thin-billed Prion (2)
Little Shearwater (1)
White-bellied Storm-Petrel (2)
Pacific Gull (1)
White Tern (1)
Not Bad Eh?
Cheers
Phil Hansbro
Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association
If you would like to go on any pelagic trips off NSW, contact me as follows;
Email;
Ph; (h) 06-2498234, (w) 06-2493091.
Fax; 06-2494891.