birding-aus

Re: Photographic guide

Subject: Re: Photographic guide
From: (Chris Gladwin)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 10:06:00 +0000

        I reviewed this book for the NSW Field Ornithologists Club when it came
out and at the time I could not recommend it due to the numerous errors.  I
understand that there is now a revised edition edited by different authors but I
have not seen it yet.  If you buy the book make sure that you get the new
edition as there are still plenty of copies of the erroneous edition out there.

The quickest way to check is to go to the Whistlers page where just about every
photo is labelled wrong in the first edition.

Chris Gladwin