best of '95
Thu, 21 Dec 95 08:46:05 EST
After moving up here to Canberra from western Victoria one highlight was
discovering this group. Congratulations and thanks Russell. Another was
the Canberra birding hotline which has put me onto a few good birds and
Birding highlights would include the following:
- Finding Double-barred FInches, Brush Cuckoos, Leaden Flycatchers, Speckled
Warblers and Dollarbirds in a patch of bush at the end of my street.
- My first Glossy Black-Cockatoos on Mt. Majura
- Getting within a few metres of a flock of 30 Superb Parrots feeding in
Mandy Salmon's garden in Mummumbateman. Another first.
- My first Beach Stone-Curlews, a pair on Currumbin Beach on the Gold Coast.
- FInally getting to O'Reilly's, only for a day trip and it rained much of
the time, but it is a special place.
Seasons greetings to all and good birding in 1996
CSIRO, Division of Plant Industry
Black Mountain ACT 2601
GPO Box 1600
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone 06 246 5417
Fax 06 246 5399
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- best of '95,
Stephen Clark <=
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: