birding-aus

More environmental stuff (SHORT this time)

Subject: More environmental stuff (SHORT this time)
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:29:08 +1000 (EST)
I've just read Sean's comments, which are interesting in that he was
saying some similar things at about the same moment in time.....Anyway,
What I forgot to add to my last diatribe was that we need to EDUCATE.
Most people have no concept of the real importance of biodiversity and
habitat protection.  Somehow, we must make them aware of these issues.

The way that some of the 'green' lobby extremists carry on annoys me
almost as much as the loggers.  And they really don't help the cause.

How should we go about educating the public?  We don't have much time
left, folks.

Gloomily,

Russell