birding-aus

[no subject]

Date: Tue, 8 Aug 95 11:43:12 +1000
Hi everyone

I'm currently planning a holiday to Lord Howe Island for the end of October
and obviously want to see birds while I'm there.

Can anyone provide information in regard to field guides please?   I
understand there's a book called The Birds of Lord Howe Island - Past and
Present by Ian Hutton - does anyone know where I can get a copy, or will I
need to get a bookstore to order it in?

Also, can anyone recommend any particular trips on the Island?  Is there
anyone there who runs birding trips?  Who could I contact regarding the
woodhen project?

Thanks

Irene Denton
Sydney   NSW