Bioacoustics Education Research

To: BIOACOUSTICS-L <>
Subject: Bioacoustics Education Research
From: Holger Klinck <>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 01:10:40 +0000

Dear Bioacoustics-L Community,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. My name is David Pitchford. As part of a Master's degree capstone project in Central Washington University's Primate Behavior program, I am conducting surveys to assess the perceptions, attitudes, and educational backgrounds of professionals and students (graduates and undergraduates) in the field.

With the results of these surveys, I hope to design free and easily accessible educational resources to make the field more accessible to undergraduates and early career researchers. Each survey will take about 15 minutes, and your input will shape the future of bioacoustics education and empower the next generation of bioacousticians.

Survey Links:

  1. Professional Survey: [https://cwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_doipAjq6WLEP66O)]
  2. Student Survey: [https://cwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_08JXJxtrD7DpeVU]

Data collection will run until December 31st. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me with any comments, questions, or concerns you may have. You can reach me by email at or

Thank you so much for your help.

David Pitchford

David E.L. Pitchford (He/Him/His)

M.Sc. Student, Primate Behavior & Ecology

Dept. of Anthropology and Museum Studies

Central Washington University