PAM: Large Dataset Analysis – Online Technical Training Course

To: "" <>
Subject: PAM: Large Dataset Analysis – Online Technical Training Course
From: Elizabeth Ferguson <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:45:12 +0000

Greetings Bioacoustics-L Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new course, PAM: Large Acoustic Datasets! This asynchronous, online technical training course is designed to provide bioacousticians with an approach to processing large passive acoustic datasets using a combination of PAMGuard and several R programming packages. In this approach, we provide an end-to-end workflow that you can use for annotating and summarizing information regarding signals of interest within your data. We suggest this approach can be used for marine or terrestrial acoustic datasets and we include activity datasets from both environments.

The course is accredited by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology (IMarEST), and is offered in an online, flexible format. Training includes a combination of guided videos, instructional materials, and scaffolded activities intended to provide participants with hands-on software experience. Details regarding the course, including a list of course topics and registration information can be found on Technical Training page.

For January 2023’s training session, we still have space available and you receive 30 days of access from the date of purchase. Additional training sessions will be offered periodically throughout the year. For questions or more information, feel free to contact me!

Regards,

Liz Ferguson

CEO and Founder

Ocean Science Analytics