reminder: abstract deadline for DCLDE Oahu is Nov. 15th

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: reminder: abstract deadline for DCLDE Oahu is Nov. 15th
From: Erin Oleson - NOAA Federal <>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 02:32:23 +0000
Aloha Marine Mammal Bioacoustic Community,

Just a friendly reminder that the abstract and tutorial proposal deadline for the 9th Workshop on the Detection, Classification, Localization and Density Estimation of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics is coming up quickly- next Monday November 15th (11:59pm Hawaii time; GMT-10). We look forward to hearing about all of the great work that has been ongoing since the workshop was last convened in Paris in 2018. We also hope you'll consider joining us in Hawaii- tropical sunsets, Hawaiian shirts, and your favorite ukulele tunes await (together with an awesome opportunity to reconnect with our bioacoustics network after so much time at home).

For those hoping to use the DCLDE dataset to test their algorithm, we've worked with Google to reduce the size of the dataset by instituting flac compression. The uncompressed dataset will be removed on November 15 to free up cloud space for other datasets. Let us know if you are in the middle of downloading so that we don't inadvertently interrupt your download. For anyone that hasn't started downloading yet, we highly encourage using the flac dataset instead, as it is less than 1/2 the total data volume. The 2015 (San Diego) and 2018 (Paris) datasets will be available for download soon. Keep an eye on the workshop webpage for an announcement on their availability.

Aloha.
Eva Nosal & Erin Oleson
DCLDE Oahu Co-Chairs