Announcing the rescheduled DCLDE2022 Hawaii

To: "" <>
Subject: Announcing the rescheduled DCLDE2022 Hawaii
From: Erin Oleson - NOAA Federal <>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 01:34:49 +0000

Dear Bioacoustics Community,

We are pleased to announce that we have rescheduled the 9th International Workshop on Detection, Classification, Localization and Density Estimation (DCLDE) of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics. The workshop will now be held in Waikiki on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, 7-11 March 2022. The website has been updated to reflect the new dates and location, including abstract submission and registration dates.  We will continue to provide updates there as they become available, including details about virtual participation.

The workshop dataset features 47 days of passive acoustic data collected using a multi-channel towed hydrophone array from a large-scale cetacean survey in Hawaii. Details and download instructions for the dataset are available at http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/dataset/. We strongly encourage those interested in participating in DCLDE 2022 to develop and test methods using this dataset, and/or to work with prior workshop datasets (links are available on the DCLDE 2022 website).

We've set up a forum (http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/forum/) to facilitate open discussion and collaboration on the workshop dataset(s), as well as to answer your questions. You may also direct questions to us as

Best regards,
Erin Oleson and Eva-Marie Nosal

DLCDE 2022 Oahu Co-chairs

--

Erin Oleson, PhD

Leader, Cetacean Research Program
NOAA Fisheries, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center

Get outside with a virtual scroll through the Story Map of our ongoing project!- The Mariana Archipelago Cetacean Survey!