Re: papers on modeling vocal production?

To: Kris Kaiser <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: papers on modeling vocal production?
From: Dan Stowell <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 15:46:06 +0000
Hi

Some suggestions that come to mind:

Anikin, A. Soundgen: An open-source tool for synthesizing nonverbal
vocalizations Behavior Research Methods, 2018

Amador, A.; Goller, F. & Mindlin, G. B. Frequency modulation during song
in a suboscine does not require vocal muscles Journal of
Neurophysiology, Am Physiological Soc, 2008, 99, 2383-2389

Elemans, C. P. H.; Mead, A. F.; Rome, L. C. & Goller, F. Superfast Vocal
Muscles Control Song Production in Songbirds PLoS ONE, Public Library of
Science, 2008, 3, e2581

Moore, R. Creating a voice for MiRo, the world's first commercial
biomimetic robot. Interspeech 2017

Riede, T. & Goller, F. Peripheral mechanisms for vocal production in
birds--differences and similarities to human speech and singing Brain
and language, 2010, 115, 69-80

Taylor, A. M.; Charlton, B. D. & Reby, D. Vocal Production by
Terrestrial Mammals: Source, Filter, and Function Vertebrate Sound
Production and Acoustic Communication, Springer, 2016, 53, 229-259

Zúñiga, J. & Reiss, J. D. Realistic Procedural Sound Synthesis of Bird
Song Using Particle Swarm Optimization Audio Engineering Society
Convention 147, 2019

Best
Dan

--
Dan Stowell http://www.mcld.co.uk/research/
Associate Professor of AI & Biodiversity