Post-doc opportunity in Madeira Island, Portugal

To: "" <>
Subject: Post-doc opportunity in Madeira Island, Portugal
From: Ana Dinis <>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 19:16:34 +0000

We are looking for a prospect candidate to apply for Arditi postdoctoral fellowship (Madeira Island, Portugal). We seek a highly motivated candidate interested in developing research using Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) to assess biodiversity, effect of human activities, habitat degradation, distribution and behaviour of marine mammals at MARE - Centro de Ciências do Mar e do Ambiente (MARE-Madeira).

Our research team gathers knowledge and experience in designing and implementing underwater and intertidal survey programs as well as field and laboratory (mesocosms) experimental approaches applied to several areas, including biogeography, marine biological invasions, marine ecology, habitat mapping, remote sensing, ecology of marine megafauna, ecosystem functioning, marine litter, climate change and other anthropogenic pressures.

Specifically, we are aiming at the following research topic:

POSTDOCTORAL THEME: Passive Acoustic Monitoring of Cetaceans in Madeira Island

ARDITI call open: Nov 2 until Nov 30

ARDITI Call info (in Portuguese only):  https://www.arditi.pt/concursos-arquive/concurso-para-atribuicao-de-bolsas-de-formacao-avancada-novembro-2020.html

Candidates interested in developing this working plan at MARE-Madeira, should send a Cover Letter and CV to

VERY IMPORTANT: Candidates must have obtained their PhD degree within the last 3 years

Please send these materials until November 22nd, the latest.

Ana Dinis, PhD

Insular Whale Ecology Team

MARE-ARDITI

Phone: +351291721216