DCLDE2020 Kona - Call for participation

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: DCLDE2020 Kona - Call for participation
From: Erin Oleson - NOAA Federal <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 04:52:53 +0000
Aloha to the marine mammal bioacoustics community.

We’re pleased to announce that the calls for abstracts, workshop/tutorial proposals, exhibits, sponsorship, and student travel support for DCLDE 2020 Kona are open! The website has been updated with important dates, updates, and submission forms: http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/.

[DCLDE 2020 Kona = 9th International Workshop on Detection, Classification, Localization and Density Estimation of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics, Kailua-Kona Hawaii, 7-11 December 2020].

Re. COVID-19: We know there is a lot of uncertainty in the world and especially as it relates to travel and meetings. For now, we are holding course on scheduling for DCLDE2020 in the hopes of minimal impact to the event. We plan to re-evaluate the situation in mid-summer. Updates will be posted on the DCLDE2020 website as they become available.

Best regards,
Erin Oleson and Eva-Marie Nosal
DLCDE 2020 Kona Co-chairs

--

Erin Oleson, PhD

Leader, Cetacean Research Program
NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
office: (808) 725-5712

https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/pacific-islands/about-us/whale-and-dolphin-surveys-pacific-islands