Recent publications

To: "" <>
Subject: Recent publications
From: Giacomo Giorli <>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 01:47:48 +0000

Dear List members,

Apologies to those of you that have received this message on other email-lists.

My co-authors and I are pleased to announce the following recent publications in Nature Scientific Reports and the New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research:

  1. Giorli, G., & Goetz, K. T. (2019). Foraging activity of sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) off the east coast of New Zealand. Scientific reports9(1), 1-9.
  2. Giorli, G., & Goetz, K. T. (2019). Acoustically estimated size distribution of sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) off the east coast of New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 1-12.

Here are the links to the papers: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-48417-5 and https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00288330.2019.1679843

Some of you might also be interested in a less recent paper we published last year:

Giorli, G., Goetz, K. T., Delarue, J., Maxner, E., Kowarski, K. A., Bruce Martin, S., & McPherson, C. (2018). Unknown beaked whale echolocation signals recorded off eastern New Zealand. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America143(4), EL285-EL291.

which can be found at this link: https://asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.5032127

If you have any question or to request a pdf copy directly, you can contact me at

Cheers,
Giacomo

Dr Giacomo Giorli
Marine Mammal Acoustician

+64-4-386-0538 |
National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade Hataitai Wellington New Zealand
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Instagram
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems