This is sent on behalf of Sarah Courbis, whose contact information is below.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a full time Marine Acoustician. This
position will be responsible for marine acoustic propagation modeling
associated with take estimation and marine acoustic research. Our successful
candidate will be proficient in several types of models including parabolic,
normal, and/or ray tracing software. This is a national position that can work
from any of the company's domestic office locations.
* Conduct marine acoustic propagation modeling for stationary and mobile
noise sources in varied oceanic environments and integrate with statutory
requirements and associated regulations
* Assist with noise-related impact assessments and take estimation
analyses for marine organisms
* Conduct and/or interpret marine noise monitoring, research, and analyses
* Support with report writing and preparation of environmental
documentation/analyses and permit requests
* Master's Degree in Oceanography, Engineering, or related discipline
* 5+ years of experience in modeling acoustic propagation of sound sources
in marine environments
* Experience with evaluation of impacts of noise on marine organisms
* Experience with models including parabolic, normal, and/or ray tracing
options; proficiency with RAM modeling code required
* Familiarity with NOAA Fisheries acoustic criteria for protected marine
species, and the principles of underwater acoustics including attenuation,
transmission loss, and methods to determine Zones of Influence
* Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to NOAA
Fisheries, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency, the Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management a
* Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
and as part of a team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and Matlab
* Ability to travel to support business needs
* Experience working in Latin America and Spanish/Portuguese language
skills a plus
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated
professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning
disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound,
science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time.
E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates
must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Please view our website at www.ene.com<http://www.ene.com/> to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled/and
other protected categories.
Sarah Courbis, Marine Mammal Specialist
333 SW 5th Ave Suite 606 Portland, OR 97204
Phone: 503-284-5600 * Cell: 971-888-9226