New publication on defensive behavior and sound production in lepidopter

To: "" <>
Subject: New publication on defensive behavior and sound production in lepidopteran larvae
From: Takuma Takanashi <>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:43:59 +0000
Dear all,

I would like to inform our recent paper on defensive behavior and sound
production in lepidopteran larvae.

Sugiura, S., Takanashi, T. (2018) Hornworm counterattacks: defensive
strikes and sound production in response to invertebrate attackers.
Biological Journal of Linnean Society 123: 496-565.
https://academic.oup.com/biolinnean/article-abstract/123/3/496/4850692
Please feel free to ask me for sending pdf.

Related links of news in Science magazine and YouTube:
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/02/watch-caterpillar-fling-its-beetle-attacker-through-air
https://youtu.be/gtI9iCINdWM

All the best,

Takuma Takanashi

Dr. Takuma Takanashi
Department of Forest Entomology
Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute
Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8687, Japan
E-mail: