Aquatic Noise 2019

To: "" <>
Subject: Aquatic Noise 2019
From: Holger Klinck <>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 13:46:39 +0000

Sent on behalf of Christine Erbe

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the Fifth International Conference on the Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life (AN2019), which will take place during the week of 7-12 July, 2019, in Den Haag, The Netherlands. The conference will follow from, and build upon, the earlier meetings, the most recent of which took place in Dublin in 2016.

We are very excited about the location and the venue. The meeting will be held at the Grand Hotel Kurhaus of Scheveningen, a building dating back to 1884. The hotel presents itself with grandeur and flair. It is right at the sea with a wonderful beach. The boardwalk features numerous restaurants and cafes. The venue is easily reached from Amsterdam. It provides exceptional accommodation, meeting rooms, and places for informal discussions.

At this point we are in the early planning stages and it will be very helpful for us to have some sense of interest in the meeting from potential participants. Therefore, we have set up a short online survey to get your thoughts on the meeting and to keep a list of interested participants so that we can keep you informed of major progress in planning. In addition, please share the link with others who might be interested in attending the meeting: https://goo.gl/xY6BKr

We have also begun to develop the conference website: http://www.an-2019.org

Please visit the web site regularly so you will be aware of important information about the meeting.

Also, both Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AquaticNoise2019/) and Twitter have been set up, so please follow us for updates.

Over the coming months, we will set up our Technical Advisory Board, raise funds, and develop a tentative program. We will be announcing calls for papers as well as how to sign up to attend the meeting and make hotel reservations. We are hoping to have sufficient funding to provide some support to students and younger colleagues, and so if anyone knows of (or controls) funding opportunities please contact Christine Erbe or Joe Sisneros.

Stay tuned and we’re looking forward to welcoming you to another outstanding meeting on the Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life in July, 2019. And, of course, if you have any questions and/or suggestions about AN2019, please contact any of the organizers.

Christine Erbe,

Tony Hawkins,

Paul Lepper,

Art Popper,