New publication on the foraging activity of deep diving odontocetes

To: "" <>
Subject: New publication on the foraging activity of deep diving odontocetes
From: Giacomo Giorli <>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 19:49:51 +0000
Dear Bioacoustics-L Readers

My co-authors and I are pleased to announce the following recent publication in the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America:

Giorli, G., Neuheimer, A., Copeland, A. and Au, W.W., 2016. Temporal and spatial variation of beaked and sperm whales foraging activity in Hawai'i, as determined with passive acoustics. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140(4), pp.2333-2343.

Here is a link to the paper: http://scitation.aip.org/content/asa/journal/jasa/140/4/10.1121/1.4964105

This paper is the last of a series of publication that aims at describing the foraging activity of deep diving odontocetes in different ocean basins /environments. The other publication are:

Giorli, G., Neuheimer, A., & Au, W. (2016). Spatial variation of deep diving odontocetes’ occurrence around a canyon region in the Ligurian Sea as measured with acoustic techniques. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 116, 88-93.

Giacomo Giorli, Whitlow W. L. Au, Anna Neuheimer, (2016). Differences in the foraging strategy of deep diving odontocetes in the Ligurian Sea determined by passive acoustic recorders. Deep sea Research Part I, 107, 1-8.

Giacomo Giorli, Whitlow W. L. Au, Helen Ou, Susan Jarvis, Ronald Morrissey, David Moretti, (2015). Acoustic detection of biosonar activity of deep diving Odontocetes at Josephine Seamount High Seas Marine Protected Area. J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 137, 2495.

Whitlow W. L. Au, Giacomo Giorli, Jessica Chen, Adrienne Copeland, Marc Lammers, Michael Richlen, Susan Jarvis, Ronald Morressey, David Moretti, Holger Klinck.(2013) Nighttime Foraging by Deep Diving Echolocating Odontocetes off the Hawaiian Islands of Kauai and Ni’iahu as Determined by Passive Acoustic Monitors. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Volume 133, Issue 5, pp. 3119-3127.

Please feel free to contact me for any inquiries or requests

--
Giacomo Giorli, Ph.D
Univeristy of Hawaii at Manoa