New Ph.D. Dissertation available on dolphin and right whale call detecti

To: "" <>
Subject: New Ph.D. Dissertation available on dolphin and right whale call detection/classification
From: Mahdi Esfahanian <>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 20:02:35 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

My Ph.D. dissertation on dolphin whistle classification and north Atlantic right whale upcall detection is now available at the following link:
"Detection and Classification of Marine Mammal Sounds" https://goo.gl/LpRcKo

The following papers have been published from my Ph.D. program:

1) "Using local binary patterns as features for classification of dolphin calls," The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America134(1), EL105-EL111, 2013. http://goo.gl/6Tdco2

2) "Sparse representation for classification of dolphin whistles by type,The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 136 (1), EL1-EL7, 2014. http://goo.gl/dB6tyY

3) M. Esfahanian, H. Zhuang, N. Erdol and E. Gerstein, "Comparison of two methods for detection of North Atlantic Right Whale upcalls," Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2015 23rd European, Nice, 2015, pp. 559-563. http://goo.gl/qOVux1

4) "Application of gabor wavelets and sparse representation for classification of dolphin whistle," 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Florence, 2014, pp. 6038-6042. "A new approach of classification of dolphin whistles" http://goo.gl/yjvPE3

5) "On contour-based classification of dolphin whistles by type," Applied Acoustics, 76, 274-279, 2014. http://goo.gl/Sxr51w

Please read my Ph.D. dissertation and corresponding papers and please cite them in your scientific papers as I critically need your citations in order to continue my research and better serve the bioacoustic community.

Thank you very much and appreciate your help,

Regards,

Mahdi

--
Mahdi Esfahanian, Ph.D.
Department of Computer and Electrical Eng. and Computer Science