Cetacean Acoustics position at NMFSs Pacific Islands Fisheries Science C

To: "" <>
Subject: Cetacean Acoustics position at NMFSs Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center
From: Erin Oleson - NOAA Federal <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 03:46:02 +0000
Aloha.

The Cetacean Research Program within the Protected Species Division at NOAAs Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center will soon be recruiting for a bioacoustician to join our group. This note is to provide advanced notice to interested candidates as the application period is expected to be short, and it can take several days to weeks to acquire some of the documents required to apply for US Government positions. The position will be open to US citizens only.

Although the position advertisement is not yet available, the positions is expected have the following major duties:

- Lead and coordinate passive acoustics research that supports cetacean stock assessment, including evaluation of occurrence, abundance, stock structure, and human impacts.
- Conduct multi-variate statistical analyses to understand the relationship between cetacean occurrence and behavioral, environmental or anthropogenic factors.
- Identify appropriate passive acoustic instrumentation, algorithms, and data processing approaches for detection, classification, and localization of cetaceans across a broad range of geographic and temporal scales.
- Draft manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication and reports of research findings for scientific or regulatory needs.

If you think you may be interested in applying for this position, you may want to visit https://my.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/ to consider what documents you may need to assemble.  In particular, those candidates with education at a foreign college or university may also wish to explore this site: https://my.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/education/.

When the application period opens for this position I will post the link to the advertisement to this forum.

Cheers,
Erin

--
Erin Oleson