Re: user feedback on automatic recorders

To: Cornell BIOACOUSTICLIST <>
Subject: Re: user feedback on automatic recorders
From: Jerome Sueur <>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:10:36 +0000
Dear list,

Here is coming the time to send send you a report on the responses I
could get.

This will be very quick.

FrontierLab Bioacoustic Audio Recorder: nothing back

Arbimon Portable Recorder: I received a single comment from a student
working in relation with Sieve-Analytics Company which produces the
Arbimon device: "I recommended this recorders, there are light weight
and practical to far away field work (I putted 14 recorders in my bag
and walked for 4 or 5 hours per day). They had been mainly used in
Tropical conditions (Puerto Rico, Colombia, Perú, Costa Rica, Brazil).
The new generations of devices could recording for until 20 hrs (one
minute each 10 minutes). The memory is expandable with a MicroSD at the
capacity that you want (I thought just until 32 Gb, but the device came
with a MicroSD of 16 Gb, which is a lot!). The Mic work well, but it can
change if you are not completely satisfied."

If I could not get many responses I nonetheless received a lot of
messages supporting my question and waiting for more information on
these or other devices.

Best regards,

Jerome

--
Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle
Institut Systématique, Evolution, Biodiversité