Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life Meeting, Dublin, 2016

To: "" <>
Subject: Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life Meeting, Dublin, 2016
From: "Arthur N. Popper" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:14:38 +0000

We are pleased to announce that the web site for the 4th International Conference on the Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life is now open (www.an2016.org).  The site will contain updated information on the meeting as our plans progress.  The meeting will take place in Dublin, Ireland, July 10-16, 2014 and will follow in the tradition of the earlier meetings in Nyborg, Cork, and Budapest in providing opportunities to present and learn about the latest research, and to meet and network with colleagues from around the world interested in the topic.  A focus of the meeting is to enable investigators interested in all animal groups, all sound sources, and all potential effects to meet and interact. The meeting also has a strong representation from industry, government, and environmental groups.

We would like to ask that anyone with a (potential) interest in attending the meeting fill out the short questionnaire that is linked to the box on the upper right side of our home page. This will provide us with information about potential interest in the meeting and your ideas for the consent of the meeting.  We will use the list generated ONLY to contact prospective attendees and share it with no one else.

We would also ask that you share the home page with others you think might be interested in attending AN2016 since our current mailing list is generated from those who attended the Budapest meeting.

Finally, we continue to look for sponsors to help support the meeting and so if you or your group would be interested in a sponsorship please contact one of the organizers and we will share our list of sponsorship opportunities.

The Organizers

Christine Erbe

Tony Hawkins

Art Popper

Joe Sisneros

Frank Thomsen

Arthur N. Popper

Professor Emeritus & Research Professor, Department of Biology

Editor, Acoustics Today (www.AcousticsToday.org)

Co-Director, Terrapin Teachers (www.tt.umd.edu)

University of Maryland

College Park, MD 20742 USA