ISV2013 Scholarship Awards

To: "" <>
Subject: ISV2013 Scholarship Awards
From: James Windmill <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:46:43 +0100
Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that the following conference delegates have been
granted an ISV-SEB Scholarship for the 14th International Meeting on
Invertebrate Sound and Vibration (www.isv2013.org):

Taina Conrad - University of Ulm : New insights into vibrations as species
specific-signals in solitary bees.
Monika Eberhard - Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin : Intrinsic variability and
temperature effects in locust auditory neurons.
Amanda Lindeman - Carleton University : What's the password? Female red
turpentine beetles (Dendroctonus valens LeConte) grant access to their
galleries based on an assessment of male signals.
Andrew Mikhail - Carleton University : What do butterflies hear? Frequency and
amplitude discrimination in the Blue Morpho butterfly.
Matthew Wale - University of Bristol : Crabs unquiet in noisy seas.
Mikhail Zhemchuzhnikov - Norwegian University of Science and Technology : From
the tympanum to the brain: projection pattern of auditory cells in the moth
Heliothis Virescens (Noctuidae).

We have also updated the conference website with information on what to see and
where to eat in Glasgow and beyond to help you plan your visit -
www.isv2013.org/glasgow.html

We will also add further information on travelling to the city soon.

Please forward this message to your students and colleagues who may be
interested in this meeting. If you were not the original recipient of this
e-mail and would like to be included in future mailings (or removed from them),
please let us know at

We look forward to seeing you in July!

The organizing committee: James Windmill and Shira Gordon.

ISV2013
Centre for Ultrasonic Engineering
Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering University of Strathclyde
204 George Street
Glasgow, G1 1XW
United Kingdom
Email: